Friday, February 1, 2013

Experiment in Dehydrating! Guacamole and sour cream!Hummmmmmm :)

Yep! Im in the kitchen experimenting once again!!! So "BEAR" with me LOL!!
I thought I'd share the Good As well as the bad!
Since I make organic guacamole for a living I thought I'd try dehydrating it....WELL, Not very appealing when dried! Even with lemon and salt blended in with the avocado it turned a nasty dark brown and brought out a good amount of natural oils. So, I think that theres a very good reason no one offers dehydrated guacamole!!! Too bad really!
My next experiment was with sour cream. Although I did see it available from various resources and even a youtube on it I thought I'd give it a try!
First I bought a good natural organic sour cream. Then I spread it thinly on wax paper, cut to fit my dehydrator. Then I placed in in the dehydrator on high for 18 hours. I checked it and there was still some wet spots so I peeled it off the wax paper and put straight on the racks....I must say, my house smells like cheesecake is in the oven! So it does smell yummy! Cant wait for it to finish drying then I'll grind it and place it into a glass canning jar.
This can be used to make sauces and dips for your dry food storage!
Looking forward to finding something else to "play" with!
Hope you're all doing well and remember to PREPARE!

Peace! Sherry
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! We would like to hear your comments, ideas and suggestions....