Thursday, September 20, 2012

Why Dehydrated Food? NOT just for emergancies! Everyday food storage!


Greetings my friends!
I had been talking to a few folks about preparing and food storage the other day and was very surprised that most people think that dehydrated food is JUST for emergencies!
I was thinking about this....There are several reasons you should use it daily! Or at least a few times a week!
If you are like me, I LOVE fresh fruits and veggies! In fact I eat them on a daily basis, that is as long as I have them on hand and can afford them at the time!
First, Dehydrated is less expensive in the long run, pound for pound than fresh...NOW I'm not suggesting that you stop buying fresh! BUT,  to have something on hand that will not go bad quickly is a BIG plus in my eyes! For example, I love spinach! Love it in salads, dips, as a side dish...cooked or raw! Spinach costs about $3 a 8 oz bag fresh....I may use it for a salad once or twice and then normally end up throwing it away because it gets slimy fast! This is why I have dehydrated spinach on hand! It's easy and is wonderful for anything I want to add spinach to! It also has an incredible shelf life!
Another example is celery! I normally dont use celery often but I do buy it and like to add it to salads and cooking. having it dehydrated and on hand I dont have it trying to survive in my fridge for long periods of time waiting on me to use it! Once its been re hydrated it comes back just as it was and I have it right there at all times for my recipes!
I HIGHLY recommend giving dehydrated fruits and veggies a chance! I think once you try it you'll agree it will save you $$$ as well as last you so much longer than continually buying and throwing away stuff that goes quickly before you can actually use it!

If you get a chance click on to  this link:
Motherearthproducts.com
Check out the wide variety of dehydrated food items! You can request FREE samples!
I also recommend that you purchase one of their "Sample" packs. Use them and see how well they do in your recipes! Then you can order those items that you liked for your food storage! That's exactly what I did!
I want to tell you I have tried 4 other dehydrated brands and this one was by far the best I've found on the market!
So what do you have to lose? Give em a try!

Hope you have a fantastic day!
peace and blessings!
Sherry
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! We would like to hear your comments, ideas and suggestions....