Thursday, September 6, 2012

Green Chili Chicken Enchiladas! I CANT believe that they are VEGETARIAN!

  Happy Thursday!
Well, I had some wonderful photos to show you how to make this AWESOME casserole...BUT I cant upload any pictures right now :( So I guess ill just "tell" you about it and give you the recipe!

This was using the Chunk Chicken (TVP) from MotherEarthProducts.com. It was the SAMPLE pack and it made enough for this whole recipe and will easily feed four! It was easy~ Simple~ AND quick! I actually cooked this in my microwave and it only took 5 minutes! Is that cool or what!? On trying the four products from motherearthproducts.com I must say that i was VERY impressed! The veggies came back beautifully! The onions were fresh and crisp just like if i just chopped them! Even Bill remarked on that! The Chicken chunks were, well all I can say was WOW!  It tasted so much like chicken and the consistency was amazing that Bill made me go back on line to the MotherEarthProducts.com site and make sure it wasn't real chicken! LOL! Now that says a lot! I also took some over to our neighbors and asked them to "Try a taste" and tell me what they thought. They LOVED it! And they had no idea that it wasnt "real" chicken! Quite the testimonial I must say!

I encourage you to visit the site MotherEarthProducts.com if you havent already! Ask for your FREE samples and I suggest asking for the "chicken chunks' and making this recipe! I have ordered 2 1 quart jars of this for my survival pantry! I cant wait to try more of the products! I will be giving REVIEWS as well as RECIPES on how to use them!!!! YUMMYYYYYY! And please let them you heard about them at Simply Surviving Today!
 Enjoy and happy eating!
Sherry

       Green Chili Chicken Stacked Enchiladas ~ Vegetarian!



1/2 cup Chicken Chunks (TVP) This is the size you get for FREE! From Motherearthproducts.com!

1/2 cup boiling water and 1/2 teaspoon chicken base

Dehydrated Veggies: 1/2 cup diced tomatoes, dehydrated onion and 1/2 teaspoon of dehydrated jalapenos.

1 1/2 cup shredded cheese
1 cup sour cream
1 10 oz. can of green enchilada sauce

9 corn tortillas  

Put the Chicken chunks in a soup bowl and pour boiling water with chicken base over and let sit for 15 minutes or until tender. Set aside.

Take 1/2 cup diced tomatoes (dehydrated), 1/2 cup dehydrated onion and 1/2 a teaspoon of the dehydrated Jalapenos. Pour all of these into a small mixing boil and cover with 1 cup boiling water. Let sit til veggies re hydrate (About 10 minutes). Drain well and put back into your mixing bowl. 

Drain Chicken chunks and add to veggie mix. Add 1 cup sour cream and 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese. I used the cheddar and jack mix. Mix together well. Set aside.

In a 20x20 glass casserole spoon out about 1-2 tablespoons of green enchilada sauce and spread to cover bottom of glass dish. set aside.

Put about 1/2 cup vegetable oil into a small frying pan and heat. Take your Corn tortillas and fry them very lightly on both sides, drain on a plate with paper toweling. 

Then start layering your ingredients :
3 corn tortillas, spreading them out to cover the bottom (on top of the sauce) I placed 1 across from one another top to bottom and then cut the third in half to cove the open spaces. Spoon on 2 tablespoons of sauce over the tortillas and spread, covering them. Then I took the veggie and chicken mixture and split it in half. Spread 1 half over the tortillas with sauce and sprinkle with 1/2 a cup of your cheese. Then continue to do the exact thing again starting with your tortillas, then sauce, mixture and cheese. Repeat. Then using the last three tortillas cover the top of your last layer, spread remaining sauce and cheese over the top. 

This can be baked at 350 degrees for 15 minutes OR microwaved for 5 minutes on high! I microwaved mine and they were awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! We would like to hear your comments, ideas and suggestions....