Thursday, April 18, 2013

California "Dreamin" This and That!

My daughter Shannon and I! Cruisin in the VW On a BEAUTIFUL California day!
Hi all! Thought I'd just ramble today if you dont mind!
It's a beautiful day her in Southern Cali! The sky is blue and the flowers are all in bloom, cant think of a place I'd rather be today!
Was looking around my food storage and found that I'm lacking in quite a few things! We have been using our food storage regularly and haven't re stocked!!! I need to do this as soon as I can!
One thing I do know is our water supply has become quite impressive! Which I hope each of you are storing water as well!
Im so thankful for the fact that we do have these things on hand! It's far better to "shop" at home than going to the store! LOL! Especially since money has been a little tight this past month!
But we havent gone with out much since we have it already!!!
I again urge you to put something aside each time you go shopping! Pick up an extra can or package of something you may already have to purchase and put it in your pantry!

Looking forward to growing tomatoes this season! Hopefully we will have our hydroponics set up soon! I want to start canning again! I still dehydrate constantly!!!!! It is awesome to have everything on hand to make a great soup!

ALSO thinking about making dehydrated meals for cats and dogs! All natural ingredients! And will store for up to ten years!!! LOL! Well what can I say! Always thinking! LOL!

Is anyone else concerned about North Korea?
Living where we do just makes me think we need even more items for our emergency kit! Like iodine tablets...Theres a nuclear reactor not far from our home...Its not up and running right now but still concerns me! Did you know that Seaweed is a GREAT source of iodine? AND tastes good and is fairly inexpensive! Something to ponder......

My prayers are with Boston...I cant even imagine having something like that happen to you or your city! Our world we live in is so so scary these days.....And it just goes to show us we live with a false security living here in the US. That things like this and 9-11 can and did happen to us here!

Well, I know I rattled on and hopped from one thing to another! But I wanted to make sure I jotted down something while I had a break in working!

PLEASE!
Be kind to one another....
Pray for all....
Prepare as you can....
Help others....
Plant some veggies...
Put aside some water......
Share information with others....
Gather How to books....
Share this Blog! :)

Have a most wonderful day!
Peace, Sherry


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! We would like to hear your comments, ideas and suggestions....