Thursday, June 20, 2013

Hello my friends...

With the summer months coming up it makes me think of dehydrating and canning all the wonderful fruits and veggies that we have available in abundance now thru the fall!
In my mind im envisioning myself being surrounded by loads of jars filled with beautiful bright colored jams and   pickles... Happily stocking up my pantry with these priceless yummy delicacies for my family. The summer offerings from mother earth there preserved for my little family to enjoy through out a dark and chilly winter.
As well as large gallon jars filled with delightful mixes of dehydrated soup mixes and fruit snacks! But I'm afraid I'm jolted back to the stark reality that if i'm lucky i'll get to the strawberries I had prepared for the "jam fest" I never got to and put them in the freezer . AND the beautiful peaches I just "Had to Can" last summer, ALSO living in my freezer at this moment!  What is that saying? "Yhe best laid plans of mice and men....?" LOL!
Well, I have decided I WILL get my canning done this summer! And I WILL dehydrate all my planned veggies and fruits for instant meal kits.....I just need to keep reminding myself!!!!!
Are you feeling the same way as I am? Can you totally relate to this post??? I think I may find a friend or two that may want to share in the canning "Experience". This way I think I would be more motivated, get way more things done, have fun and share the bounty!!!!!! SO, what do think? Could this work for you as well?

Well, I have some red onions in the dehydrator to get out! And some work to do...I hope you are having a great day! Enjoy the sun!
Peace!
Sherry
Have you put water aside lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome! We would like to hear your comments, ideas and suggestions....